Thursday, November 18, 2010

Remove engine cover on Dodge conversion van?

I recently bought a 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 van with an Elk conversion package . . . . I wanted to change the air filter on it, and it looks like the air filter is accessible only from behind the engine cover inside the cabin. However, I can't figure out how to remove the engine cover . . . . There are two latches on either side of the cover, which will loosen the cover when unlatched, but the cover won't come off (I don't want to force it). I can't figure out if I'm just missing something or if the extra carpeting around the bottom of the cover added by the conversion is hiding an additional latch or screw.



Bottom line: How do I remove the engine cover from inside the cabin?Remove engine cover on Dodge conversion van?
most van's that i have worked on before have 4 hold down straps/bolts on them. two on the floor board location under the carpet and two more up under the dash area to hold it to the fire wall. they can either be bolts or flip straps. try looking for these. hope it helps ya out a little.Remove engine cover on Dodge conversion van?
2 giant screws on floor under carpet.

No comments:

Post a Comment